Portitalia is the leader, in the ports of Palermo and Termini Imerese, in the provision of port services and operations under the terms of law n. 84/1994, relying on a workforce of more than 220 people, both direct and indirect workers.
In particular, Portitalia carries out the following activities:
– Loading, unloading and handling of containers;
– Loading, unloading and handling of semi-trailers, heavy vehicles and cars;
– Loading, unloading and handling of solid bulk cargo (cereals, feed, fertilisers, inerts, etc.);
– Loading, unloading and handling of general goods (coils, timber, iron, various groupage, wind power plants, heavy parts, reels, etc.)
– Warehousing and storage of containers, semi-trailers, cars and general goods;
– Porterage and passenger handling services – ferries and cruise ships-;
– Lashing, unlashing and choking of ro-ro heavy vehicles, cars, containers and general goods;
– Cargo surveillance and monitoring services;
– Unmarking counting and sorting of goods;
– Reconditioning of handling units;
– Cleaning of goods;
– Security service.